Marine Service Manager Rockledge
Marine Service Manager
Boaters Exchange is a family-owned and operated leader in the marine industry with over 35 employees. Boaters Exchange has been committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers since 2002 and has been awarded the Boating Industry’s Top 100 Dealers in North America for ten consecutive years and is a 5-star Certified Dealership. Boaters Exchange is the exclusive boat dealer for Everglades powerboats, Hewes/Maverick/Pathfinder/Cobia fishing boats, Yamaha jet boats, NauticStar family boats and Bennington Pontoon Boats. Boaters Exchange is a Yamaha Key Dealer and offers 2 locations to serve Central Florida. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
The Service Manager must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and well-organized to assist coordinating and bringing competence, credibility, and enjoyment to the customer’s service experience at Boaters Exchange. The Service Manager’s responsibilities include managing all personnel in the Service department with a special focus on Service Advisor(s). Other members of the service team include Shop Manager, Service Technicians, Delivery Captain, Part Manager and Warranty Manager. Service Manager will also be responsible for all Service Advisor tasks including developing relationships with customers through successful management of service and product delivery, developing cost estimates, scheduling and tracking repairs, and processing warranty claims. The Service Manager will be accountable for maximizing profits through service objectives and goals, while maintaining high service standards, and developing a productive relationship between the customer and Boaters Exchange. The Service Manager, and the Service Advisors, are the "face" of Boaters Exchange service, the “go to” people at Boater Exchange when customers are dropping off and picking up service boats and engines. The Service Manager may also be the point of contact when something goes wrong with a customer’s project, or when customers have a special request.
Boaters Exchange, a Top 100 Dealership, is seeking an experienced Marine Service Manager to lead our full-service 5 Star Marine Service Department. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized, and a strong team leader who can manage our high-performing team and bring competence to our customer’s service experience.
The Service Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Develop relationships with customers through successful management of the service staff, developing cost estimates, scheduling and tracking repairs, service and product delivery, and processing warranty claims
- Manage the performance of self and staff through the use of structured processes
- Delegate effectively with solid-support and follow-through to completion
- Maximize profits through service objectives and goals, achieving and maintaining high service standards, and bring efficiency to the relationship between the customer and Boaters Exchange
- Provide communication liaison between Service Department and the customer, cultivating a lasting service relationship
- Generate work orders by effectively listening to customer’s description of symptoms, clarifying description of problems, properly documenting stated performance problems and generating detailed work orders
- Provide customers status updates through continual communication throughout the service process (diagnosis, add-ons, completion, invoicing)
- Advise customers of products or services that may improve the enjoyment of their boat including gear installation, detailing, fiberglass repair, etc.
- QC work orders ensuring description of diagnosis and action is clear and concise
- QC boats after service ensuring all items on work orders are addressed
- Manage all Service, Shop, and Parts employees; create and monitor goals
- Manage and ensure accuracy of parts inventories
- Manage the collection and submission of data pertaining to warranty claim repairs
- Manage the Trailer Storage program
- Other yard management duties as assigned
- Experience in the Marine or Automotive industry as a Service Manager
- Boat enthusiast with a friendly and positive disposition, with strong knowledge of boats and boat systems
- Strong leadership and communication skills, well-spoken, well-organized, with excellent customer relations skills, self-starter
- Strong attention to detail in time management and observation and listening skills
- High level writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office, Marine Management Systems, etc.)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Technical Trade School Degree or equivalent experience required
- Valid Driver License and clean driving record
- Must have a strong work ethic and ability to work Saturday’s and overtime
Criminal background check and drug test will be required prior to employment.
Job Type: Full-time