For Those Who Need a Little Extra Push.
Anglers. Families. Sailors. They all have their own vision of a perfect day on the water. However, those very different days are all powered by the very same class of outboard—Yamaha’s High Thrust four strokes. Available in a range of horsepower from T9.9 all the way up to the beefy T60, our high thrust outboards have the muscle to move heavy pontoons and sailboats or to be your kicker for a full day of fishing.
More Thrust: These feisty four strokes serve up twice the thrust of comparable two strokes in the 2000-3000 RPM range.
Max Muscle: Dual Thrust™ propellers (optional on T50/T60 and standard on the T25 and T9.9) redirect exhaust flow away from the propeller, reducing ventilation and increasing thrust up to 60% in forward and 70% in reverse.
Award-Winning Control: Yamaha High Thrust outboards are compatible with our award-winning, Multi-Function Tiller Handle. Optional on all high thrust models, this tiller handle’s ergonomic design makes shifting easy, with less rotation needed to go from idle to wide-open throttle. This, plus a max-grip throttle handle reduces operator fatigue, so you can spend more time on the water.
Power and Performance Benefits
- Max Muscle: Large-diameter, low-pitch Dual Thrust™ Propellers (optional on T50/T60 and standard on T25/T9.9) are designed specifically to harness the power of our High Thrust outboards. They redirect exhaust flow away from the propeller, reducing ventilation and increasing thrust up to 60% in forward and 70% in reverse.
- More Thrust: The Higher Gear Ratio on Yamaha’s High Thrust outboards make these powerhouses ideal for heavy pontoons and other applications that require an extra measure of muscle.
- Maximum Overall Performance: Microcomputer Ignition adjusts timing to maintain optimum engine performance, economy and power under all conditions.
- Consistent Performance: Thermostatic Cooling Control helps provide proper engine temperature at all times for consistent performance and long, trouble-free engine life.
- Ultra-Low Emissions: Yamaha high thrust four strokes are California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B.) Three-Star Rated for Ultra-Low Emissions and meet all federal EPA requirements.
Reliability and Durability Benefits
- Anti-Corrosive Barrier: Yamaha’s proprietary ACP-221 Paint Process provides an extra-tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. It’s a key component of our renowned Ultimate Corrosion Protection System (UCP-II™), which is standard on all Yamaha high thrust outboards.
- Ultimate Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha portable four-stroke engines.
- Extended Engine Life: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without starting it, for maximum convenience, durability and engine life.
- Warranty Protection: All Yamaha four strokes are protected by our Three-Year Limited Warranty for pleasure use. Beyond that, Yamaha Extended Service (Y.E.S.) plans are available, for continued coverage after your three-year factory warranty expires.
Convenience and Control Benefits
- Ergonomic Control: Yamaha’s award-winning, Multi-Function Tiller Handle (optional on T60/T50/T25) features an ergonomic design that reduces operator fatigue, allowing you to spend more time on the water. Its smart design places the power trim and tilt switch conveniently above the throttle, which features a large rubber twist grip that requires less rotation to go from idle to wide-open throttle (90°). (The T9.9 also has tiller models available.)
- Easy Engine Flushing: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without starting it, for maximum convenience.
- Four Stroke Engine Design
- Labyrinth Exhaust
- Counter Balance Technology
- Long Span Mount System
- Tuned Intake Manifold
- High (2.42) Gear Ratio
- Large Diameter, Low Pitch Dual Thrust™ Prop: Optional
- Sacrificial Anodes
- YDC 30 Aluminum Alloy
- Phaze Five™ Paint System
- Engine Warning System
- Wet Sump Lubrication
- High Output Alternator
- SST Drive, Prop, Shift Shafts
- SST Steering Tube
- CDI Microcomputer
- Thermostatic Controlled Cooling
- Power Trim and Tilt
- Fresh Water Flush
- External Tilt Switch
- Spin On Oil Filter
- Anti-Splash Plate
- Engine Type: Four-Stroke, 4-Valve SOHC, In-Line 2-Cylinder
- Displacement: 30.4 ci (498cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 65.0 mm x 75.0 mm (2.56 x 2.76 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 25 hp @ 5500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
- Fuel Induction: SOHC
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: Single Throttle Valve
- Ignition: CDI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: DPR6EB-9
- Alternator Output: 13.5 Amp
- Starting System: Electric, PrimeStart™
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.6L/1.4L without Filter
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Cooling: Water/Thermostatic Control
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 87)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: (29:12) 2.42:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: S: 15 in.
- Degree of Tilt: 66 deg.
- Degree of Trim: -3 deg. through +16 deg.
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Dry Weight: 91 kg (201 lb.)
- Steering Angle (maximum): 40 deg. from center, either direction
- Warranty: 3-Year Pleasure, 3-Year Government, 1-Year Commercial